I'll know what I've lost, and all that I've won


"Love waits for me round the bend,
Leads me endlessly on.
Surely sorrows shall find their end
And all our troubles will be gone.
And I'll know what I've lost, and all that I've won
When the road finally takes me home."
--Mary Fahl (Gods and Generals)
*******************************************

I finished my last class at the University of Mississippi in June. Much of the time since has felt like the "wood between the worlds" in Lewis' The Magician's Nephew. But I am keeping busy because there is so much to do, so much still left undone.

I post this from the J.D. Williams Library at Ole Miss, since I came back today to visit friends. The only significance of you knowing my whereabouts? It feels the same here as it ever did. 19,000 strangers pass by. Temptations to take my eyes off of the Lord are on every side. There is little comfort.

But this afternoon I'm going back home. And someday, I'll really go Home, where Jesus waits. My days are numbered. I might have 80 more years "stranded in Time" or I might just have a couple of hours. We never know, do we? But I'm headed in that direction.

I always find comfort in Jesus' prayer: "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."--John 17:24

(Stock photo)

Comments