"Into the clear air where the butterflies hover."

The title is from one of my first posts during the last dreary days at Ole Miss. Ok, that's an exaggeration. But sometimes it felt that way.

It's been a long time since.

Time brings changes, and mostly good ones. I have so much to be thankful for! But something I didn't focus on during college was the fact that no matter what my circumstances, I still need God desperately. On the bad days, I remember that things can get better. On the good days, I still have to look to God to provide strength and humility. Single, or married. Working 3 jobs or one. Getting 5 hours of sleep or 8. I still need Him. All. The. Time.

I haven't blogged like I thought I would. I've been busy with housework, my part-time job, you name it. Life.

Life has never been better, but there can still be bad days, frustrations, scary moments. Whether it's just panicking at Wal-Mart, or whether I'm brokenhearted over lost loved ones in the hospital, God is here. All the time. He is good, even if He answers my prayers differently than I expected.

Today I have cause for hope. God is not slow, but patient, not willing that any should perish. Sometimes He seems to say "maybe" and that can be the hardest time to trust, but also the sweetest.

"Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart,
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings,
Thine is love indeed."

(Photo credit: Jennifer Arnold)

Comments