105

...days 'till my last day of college.

But I won't bore you with 105 quotes. Instead, here are five. I may have seen or heard them before, but can I say them? Do I live upon the truths of Christ to which they point? Are my dim and mortal eyes able to see Christ more clearly because of these truths? Do I realize a little more of His dearness? As my Creator, King, High Priest, and Bridegroom, He has already provided all I could ever want or need:

"Oh let my trembling soul be still,
And trust Thy wise, Thy holy will;
I cannot, Lord, Thy purpose see,
Yet all is well, since ruled by Thee."--
C.H. Spurgeon

"Bear not a single care thyself,
One is too much for thee;
The work is Mine, and Mine alone;
Thy work--to rest in Me."
--from "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret"

"When the race is ended, and the play is either won or lost, and ye are in the utmost circle and border of time, and shall put your foot within the march of eternity, all the good things of your short nightdream shall seem to you like ashes of a blaze of thorns or straw."
Samuel Rutherford

"You say that you do not know what God's will is, but I'll tell you what it is. First, that you know Christ and then that your neighbors hear about Christ. That is His will."--John MacArthur Jr.

"It is better to fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed than to succeed in a cause that will ultimately fail."--Peter Marshall



(Photo credit: Jennifer Arnold)

Comments